Local Search Optimisation
68% of searches on the internet are customers looking for a local supplier – Google.com
KOLP specialises in local search optimisation, the process of ensuring that local business providers appear on the first page of search engine results for the services that the client provides in the geographic area that the client covers. For example, if you provide a service, such as plumbing, and you cover the geographic area of your city or your state, for example, it’s reasonable to expect potential customers to search the internet for “Plumber your city” or “Plumbers in your state”. Our job is to ensure that our clients’ websites appear on the first page for such services. And our fee depends on it. Unless we get you to the first page of Google results for your particular search phrase, and keep you there, we don’t charge a monthly fee.
If you provide a local service within a defined geographic area such as your city, you should talk to us. We can position your business so that you receive a steady stream of new prospective local customers in your city, each pre-qualified and actively looking for your service. Many businesses would accept that the traditional Yellow Pages, while a great source for customer leads in the past, is less effective, and less cost-effective than before, as customers shift their search from offline directories to online search. Businesses need shift their focus to accommodate this trend, and it is now imperative for businesses to be prominent in local search results, if they are to survive and thrive. KOLP’s local search optimisation is designed for owner managed businesses who appreciate the importance of a strong local presence, and the importance of maintaining a steady flow of prospective customers.
Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half. – John Wanamaker
Traditional offline advertising is a bit of a pig in a poke. You might have a gut feel for what works, but in truth, it’s difficult to assess what works, what should be cut, and what should get more attention. It’s certainly near impossible to work out what each new customer cost you, in terms of advertising.
With a local search optimisation package from KOLP, you can calculate to the nearest penny, what each new customer costs you. We will supply you with a separate phone number (diverted to a number of your choice) so that you can count the number of prospects who call each month when they see the phone number on the website. We divert all e-mail enquiries from your optimised website to an e-mail address of your choosing, so that you can count the number of prospects who e-mail you with a business enquiry each month.
No more guessing what works. And no BS from marketing people talking about “investing in the brand”. At KOLP, we are focused on getting you more customers, and at a price that is profitable for you and your business.
- 73% of activity online is in one way or another “related to local content”
- For every £1 spent online in the UK, £6 is spent on offline purchases that are influenced by online research
- 70 percent of online searchers will use local search to find offline businesses
- 43% of search engine users are seeking a local merchant to buy something offline
- 61% of local searches result in purchases
- 54% of users have substituted Internet search for the yellow pages
- 90% of online commercial searches result in offline bricks and mortar purchases
- 82% of local searchers follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase
- 84% of smartphone owners use mobile search to look for information on local retailers, such as opening hours, address and contact details